It’s spring! For some that means tulips and daffodils. For me it means photo shoots and scouting. It was definitely a good week!
1. While shooting a kitchen by interior designer Molly Hirsch this week for the magazine Kitchen & Bath Ideas this week we were thrilled to be introduced to The Cake Box in Ridgefield, Connecticut. Molly brought us the most delicious mini cupcakes!
2. Found the best table ever at my favorite flea market. I love the tulip shape, but the real kicker is that it’s covered in aluminum with tiny nailheads!
3. I had a chance to stop in Hudson in the South End to congratulate owner Jill Goldberg about being named a Benjamin Moore Emerging Designer. Jill has this amazing talent of spotting something wonderful and giving it her own twist. Besides one-of-a-kind furniture pieces she’s producing, I spotted this great sign that she blew up and framed from postcard size. Pay heed!
4. The current Barneys NYC window with these creepy kitties proves that repetition as a design motif works almost every time.
5. Lillian August’s designer extraordinaire Skye Kirby Westcott (she’s the style maven who’s put together the glam rooms at the Hamptons Showhouses for the store), has put together half a dozen kids’ rooms vignettes in a new showroom area in the Norwalk location featuring Duc Duc furnishings. From cribs to teens it’s a treat to shop to see how kid style has evolved.