1. I was thrilled to pick up the February Better Homes & Gardens and to see a shoot I styled that was shot by photographer Michael Partenio. It’s a master bedroom makeover by interior designer Rachel Reider. You know how some new houses and additions have those vast master bedroom spaces that lack all the coziness of a smaller room? Rachel designed an amazing multifunctional space for a young couple that feels cozy and warm.
2. I have never been to a New England Home networking event when I did not walk away with a pile of cards in my hand, a lead on a new project, or the thrill of having introduced two design professionals who immediately had a collaboration idea. Last night at Lillian August was no exception. Such a beautiful, talent-filled party where we were surrounded by inspiring objects. A special thank you to all who were there.
I could really see this chandelier in my breakfast room.
3. My Friday Fave on the New England Home Blog today is a Michelle Hatch NYC pillow. Check out her amazing line at www.michellehatchnyc.com.
4. It’s amazing what an important part of my life blogs have become. I thought I would share one every once in awhile as a favorite just in case you didn’t know about them. A particular post on An Urban Cottage caught my eye last Friday. It was on the exterior renovation of a Greek Revival cottage, one of my favorite styles of architecture. The author, Steven, whose house I had the pleasure of styling last year for Cottage Style magazine, has renovated his own Greek Revival home, chronicling the changes (among other beautiful things) on the blog. It’s a real gem and a delight to anyone interested in home renovation or decor.
5. As you all know I’ve been gearing up for the New York International Gift Fair these past few days. Starting tomorrow I’ll be showing Dunes and Duchess, the lighting and homes accessories line I co-founded with photographer/boyfriend Michael Partenio. Next week I’ll have some shots of favorite things that I saw, but here is a special StacyStyle sneak peek of what we’ll be showing. Let me know what you think!