Holidays, snow, scouting, driving-driving-driving—when did January become such a crazy time of the year? Instead of easing into 2012 I feel as if I’m straddling a rocket shooting through the month. Here’s a peek from this week.
1. Maine-based artist Erin Flett has a new fleet of screen printed pillows that are just screaming in be used in a photo shoot. I hope I get to use them soon as I love the colors and textures!
2. I’m a huge fan of the blog Bogle Street by interior designer Katie Rosenfeld. In fact, I’m a huge fan of Katie and her work. So much so in fact that I’m sending off my nomination of her to be considered a New Trad, the group of up-and-coming designers that Traditional Home magazine will select next month and publish in their May issue. Check out her work at www.katierosenfelddesign.com.
3. I had a chance to stop by the wonderful studio and store 12 Chairs in South Boston last night to see what new furniture and art installations owners Roisin Giese and Miggy Mason had and was completely blown away by the duo’s creativity. I highly recommend that you stop by to browse and will leave you with this one image to whet your appetite.
4. I was asked this week to moderate a panel at the Design Bloggers Conference next month in Los Angeles. I can’t tell you how excited I am to be part of this conference again. I learned so much last year and met so many of my favorite people in person. I’m moderating a panel talking about using blogs as marketing tools. Have a question for the panel? Comment here and I’ll put it on the list!
5. Obsession alert! While poking around interior designer Rachel Reider’s presentation table I spied this David Hicks painted grasscloth. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since. I would cover every wall of my house in this! Possibly ceilings too!