December is like one big countdown to the holidays. It’s practically impossible to work, but of course if I wasn’t working, I wouldn’t have a 5 Best Things List for you this week! Here it goes!
1. Over the river and through the woods to shop in Northwest Connecticut we went! Two of my favorite stores were both stocked with holiday finery, luxury products and vintage finds. My first stop was J. Seitz in New Preston, where I wish I would have filled out a wish list to give to friends after browsing their jewelry case. Fur mittens and their beautiful bedding would also be great to find under the tree—hint! hint!
In the beautiful town of Kent, just 10 miles away, store owner Bartley Johnstone has stocked her store, B. Johnstone, with vintage clothing for men and women (Henri Bendel feather coats, Hermes ties, Gianfranco Ferre tuxedo jackets) new cashmere and denim, and super chic barware and tabletop gift items. Wondering where I got that little Chanel number I wore at the New England Design Hall of Fame? Here!
2. Designer Liz Caan set up a new studio in Newton, Massachusetts, that has instantly become a retail sensation there. I got to pay a visit to her tiny-totally-cool shop this week.
3. Long-time friend and interior designer Tony Cappoli opened his new furniture studio this week in South Boston. It’s a gorgeous space and he kicked it off with a killer party.
4. I ADORE paperwhites. I couldn’t resist these at Berry’s Greenhouse in Boston.
5. I work with an amazing group of people at New England Home. Last night we got together at Davio’s and celebrated our past year’s work. Hurray!