I had the amazing opportunity to attend the Design Bloggers Conference in Los Angeles last week. As you’ve read here before, I don’t consider myself a conference person, but this was an exceptional event filled with people who are both my idols and peers and now friends. Here are the 5 best things about last week.
1. Meeting the most outrageously talented people—bloggers, magazine editors, p.r. professionals, interior designers and Twitter friends.
2. The energy, contacts, and buzz of the room at DBC2011. I loved that we all had the same experience and weren’t divided by having to attend separate seminars. Oftentimes I wouldn’t have a chance to leave the room during breaks because there were so many people I wanted to meet!
3. The amazing panel I got to moderate that included Ann Maine, the editor of Traditional Home; Loren Ruch, the executive producer and special events coordinator at HGTV; Clint Smith, editor of Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles; and Anne Sage, executive editor of Rue magazine. Photo courtesy of Kyle Hoepner.
4. The three magical events I got to attend (more on these later) at Tony Duquette’s Dawnridge to celebrate Sferra’s 120th anniversary, the Traditional Home Garden Party and the get-together hosted by Beth Matari of Currey & Co. at the home of designer Marjorie Skouras.
5. The people to whom I am now forever connected not only in the Twitter-Facebook-Blog world, but in real life. They are a precious, priceless group that give me strength every day!