Working full time, launching a new business, and trying to contribute as a family member has had me running! I was so happy to reconnect with some friends this week.
1. Having lunch with Kristine Kennedy, East Coast Editor of Better Homes & Gardens, where I’ve been a contributing editor for the past seven years. Kris filled me in on what to expect in 2011—namely the BH&G I-Pad edition. She’s been working on content for the last five months and I can’t wait to see it!
2. . The complete inspiration I got from Julieanne Covino’s Create Girl Blog. She does this great “Home Typography Tuesday” post that’s all about using typography in your home. I tried it on my Christmas presents. I tied vintage animal cracker cookie cutters on them for a little bling.
3. Shooting the Dunes and Duchess Christmas card with Dunes. It’s nice shooting at his house and sipping on the props (Manhattans in this case).
4. It wasn’t all play. I loved this tiled powder room I saw while scouting south of Boston with the crew from Roomscapes.
5. Making sugar cookies with Dunes and the boys and with my niece. I have no rules about not eating the dough. That said, I’ve made six batches this week.