It was a whirlwind week with meetings in Boston, a photo shoot in Connecticut and an amazing event in New York. Here are the highlights!
1. The Living With What You Love event at The New Traditionalists showroom in SoHo in New York with New Traditionalists CEO Philip G. Erdoes, Amy Dragoo of ABCDDesigns and interior designer Jonathan Legate. I was there with my partner Dunes to give away a Dunes and Duchess candelabra, which was won by the cashmere designer D. Bryant Archie. It was one fabulous night and I will be posting more photos later this week.
2. The new Studio 5 Showroom in Boston in the South End. P.R. diva Jessica de Guardiola has opened my new favorite shopping destination filled with amazing jewelry, vintage, and one-of-a-kind clothing. Hello! She’s carrying cashmere leggings! Totally up my alley.
3. Lecture (she made it feel more like a girlfriend get-together) by Alexa Hampton at the Boston Design Center. I had no idea this woman was so engaging, funny, self-deprecating, and tall! I immediately emailed an HGTV friend and said, “Put this woman on TV immediately! She is brilliant!” I have to say she was also very down-to-earth even given her amazing talent and the incredible career she has forged for herself. There’s a great round-up of her work on the always informative StyleBeat.
4. The new kitchen display at Dalia Kitchens at the Boston Design Center. Kitchen designer extraordinaire Dalia Tamari found this particular design that combines country and industrial detailing while in Milan and is the first showroom to bring it to the U.S.
5. The new holiday e-zine by interior designer Linda Merrill a.k.a. @Surroundings. I was thrilled to be included alongside Eddie Ross, Greet LeFevre, Monika Claassen, Gina Milne, Grant K. Gibson, Scot Meacham Wood and others.