Wow! What a week! The New England Design Hall of Fame at the State Room in Boston was the highlight of the week and took up much of my time in preparation. My role was to introduce the seven inductees of the evening and to write compelling introductions for each. The event has become THE special occasion for the design world in the Boston area and everyone was out and dressed to the nines. Such a glam night! But here are the highlights of the week!
1. The New England Design Hall of Fame
2. This snapshot from a photo shoot I did on Saturday. I love seeing a glimpse of the photographer’s camera and lenses on table. Is it Milan? San Francisco? Portsmouth, New Hampshire? The last one. Interiors by Jeanne Duval, whose own artwork hangs in The Met.
3. The brilliant interiors in artist Jennifer Hill’s Boston apartment. I saw this on her blog www.jhilldesignblog.com this week.
4. The Richard Avedon exhibit at Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts. Every fashion and photography lover should go!
5. I’ve really been into gold lately and just loved this sleek gold flatware I found at Koo de Kir off Charles Street in Boston.
I know I said 5, but isn’t more better?
6. My dress for the New England Design Hall of Fame was designed and made by Kate Towers. Her web site, www.katetowers.com, is gorgeous and you can also find her work for sale on Etsy. Her work in a word is exquisite.