So you were supposed to see this last Friday, but I had all those super-spectacular rooms by Bunny Williams, Thom Filicia, David Easton and others for the Albert Hadley Rooms With a View tribute in Connecticut to show.
So here goes favorites from the past sevenish days.
1. Bees sucking the last licks of life from dahlias before the frost comes.
2. This flower arrangement at the home of interior designer Nancy Taylor. Leaves can be so simple and chic.
3. I adore the pillows at The Drawing Room in Cos Cob, Connecticut. Many of these are the original designs of co-owner/interior designer Kenleigh LaRock.
4. The brilliant behind-the-counter design at Hudson in Boston. The vintage prints are for sale for $60 each, but it’s really the improvised rope frames that catch me saying, “cool.”
5. Even though I’m a daughter of the Midwest, my heart belongs to the sea. My time on this private stretch of beach in Westerly, Rhode Island, near Watch Hill was one of the most relaxing moments of the month.